Sunday, March 14, 2010

Interactive Fizziness . . .


Hey guys,

Okay, the picture on the right is from some random packet I bought at a pharmacy a couple days ago. I was visiting a friend who works there, and some guy came in and asked for this thing. I didn't really know what it was. But when I asked my friend about it, he gave me one and assured me that it was good for me. So today I decided to try it, just for fun. It was kind of like drinking a fizzy banana. I know, it tasted as strange as it sounds. I can't say I feel any healthier than I did half an hour ago, but it was a fun experience.

You know those "choose your own adventure" books they used to have when I was a kid? Well, maybe they still have them. I don't really know. Anyway, you read the first page, then at the end of that page you're faced with a decision. If you choose one thing you flip to a certain page and keep reading. If you choose the other option you turn to a different page. It keeps going like that, with lots of possible endings.

I thought it might be fun to try something like that on my blog. I finished reading Emma by Jane Austen this morning, and I've got a few books laying around the flat that I'm planning to read. I thought it would be fun to post the options online and have y'all choose what I read next. If you want to vote, post a comment with your recommendation. I promise I won't start reading for a couple of days to give you guys time to vote. Sound like fun? Okay, here's the options:

1 - The Essential Theodore Roosevelt: Great Speeches and Writings of America's Most Dynamic President.

2 - The Blood of Abraham: Insights into the Middle East, by Jimmy Carter

3 - Children of the Alley, by Naguib Mahfouz

4 - Sons and Lovers, by D. H. Lawrence

5 - The Woodlanders, by Thomas Hardy

That's it. But no fair recommending books that aren't on the list. You've got to pick one of those, okay?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Man,
    Children of the Alley, by Naguib Mahfouz
    Miss you man!!!!

    ReplyDelete