Friday, February 12, 2010

My new friend . . .

For those of you who may not be familiar with Egypt, let me enlighten you. We have mosquitos. Let me clarify that . . . we have LOTS of mosquitos! And the fact that I live in a not-so-nice part of town really doesn't help things much. The mosquitos in Egypt don't carry malaria or dengue-fever though, which is really nice!

Anyway, tonight I walked into my room and noticed a new roommate. There was a lizard just hanging out on the ceiling. After my initial shock, I got really excited. Anything that eats mosquitos is welcome in my bedroom. I decided to name him Edwin. It seemed like a good lizard name. I thought about Arthur or Max, but they just didn't seem to have the cultured, educated flair that Edwin does. I hope he sticks around for a few days, although forever would also work for me. Maybe he'll tell all of his friends about the abundant mosquito buffet in my flat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are making friends with the natives! ;)

    It's been nice to see you blogging more- I get updates on Wednesdays from your parents, but it's great to hear about Egyptian life directly. Keeping you in mind... Emma

    ReplyDelete