Sunday, February 14, 2010

أخيراً

Hey guys,

The name of this post is أخيراً (pronounced "akheeran") which means "finally" in Arabic. Why? Good question, I'm glad you asked.

One of my neighbors has been teaching me to play dominoes recently. Yes, it's more complicated and has much more strategy than I realized. I've been playing with this guy a couple of times a week for the last month or so. And I lose . . . every time. I'd told him that if I ever beat him I was going to dance naked in the street. We talk so much trash to each other. It's actually more fun to talk trash in Arabic than in English

Well, tonight I finally won. I took off my shirt, started walking towards the front door, and told my friend I'd be back in a few minutes. He thought it was hilarious. I'm glad he didn't hold me to my promise of naked dancing because there's actually a wedding taking place right now in the street I live on.

Here's to many more victories . . . I hope . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment