Sunday, June 7, 2009

Road less travelled

Okay, so my sense of direction is legendary . . . for being terrible! Anyone who's every travelled with me knows to ask me where I think we should go, then go the other direction.

I didn't have much to do today, so I decided to try a little experiment. I know a lot of parts of Cairo pretty well, but still don't have a really good grasp of where they are in relation to each other. But, I had a flash of inspiration today. It's the same Nile in my part of town as downtown, right? So, I decided to try to walk from my house to downtown. No problem, right?

Three and a half hours and two liters of water later, I finally got to downtown. A summer afternoon was definitely not the right time to investigate this hypothesis! Let's just say that the one pound metro ticket is well worth it! My curiosity is appeased, and I will definitely sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment