Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh so stuffed!!

Hi guys,

My friend Ahmed called me tonight and told me he was coming over. So I cleaned up the house and waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . and, no Ahmed! So I decided to go out for dinner. (I made a big batch of casserole a few days ago and have been having it for every meal. I finally got sick of it and decided I needed something else.) Anyway . . . I finished my dinner and was on my way to visit another friend when Ahmed called. Yep! He wanted to have dinner. So I met him at another restaurant and (you guessed it) had another dinner. I was already full after the first one, but it would've been rude not to eat with him. I have some new-found sympathy for pregnant women after this experience! :) I'm not planning to eat for a few days!

Oh, another funny story. When I was having dinner at the first restaurant, a guy came in and ordered some food. He had a bit of an accent, so the guys at the restaurant started joking around with him. When they found out where he was from, they started cracking jokes. (He's from a small village in the south of Egypt, by the way.) And suddenly it hit me . . . they're treating him the same way they treat me! Maybe it's not because I'm a foreigner. Maybe it's just because that's how they treat everyone. Anyway, I laughed right along with them.

Okay, that's it for now. Time to sit and let my dinners digest! :)

1 comment:

  1. Where oh where is that Dave guy...is he still full of food!? I don't know!

    Love you man.

    ReplyDelete