Sunday, March 22, 2009

All quiet on the middle eastern front . . .

Hey guys,

So, our neighbor finally put a password on their wireless router, so now I've got to head over to a friend's house to use their wireless. Kind of a bummer, but I'm a little surprised that we've used it for the last few months without our neighbor noticing.

We've started doing something cool in Arabic class lately called Community Based Learning. Every week on the first day of class I get a list of topics and questions that I'm supposed to go out and talk with Egyptians about. Then on the last day of the week we get together and go over what people have said. It's actually kind of cool. Mother's Day in Egypt was yesterday, so our topic for last week was to find out about Mother's Day customs and about local proverbs about mothers. My favorite proverb that I learned was "Paradise is under the mother's feet." What it basically means is that a mother's life is so hard that she should be allowed into paradise.

Okay, that's it for now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment