Sunday, January 24, 2010

Too much gel . . .

Hey there,

So, the other day I decided that my hair was getting a little shaggy and it was time for a haircut. There's a Palestinian barber that I usually go to every few days to get a shave. He's a nice guy and I like him, but it's a little awkward every time I go. The other guys at the barber shop always tell him that this is his chance to take revenge on an American. They all laugh and seem to think it's an incredibly funny joke. But that notwithstanding, I enjoy going there.

Anyway . . . I've had the same hairstyle for about the last year and a half, so I decided it was time for a change. I told the barber to give me a hairstyle that he thought looked good. I took my glasses off and didn't see much of what he was doing while he was cutting my hair. But at the end I noticed him reaching for a bottle of hair gel and thought, "this is going to be fun." After much time gelling my hair he let me put my glasses back on and take a look.

I had to stifle a smile & a giggle. Living here for the last year and a few months, I should have known what kind of haircut I was going to get.
I paid, told him how great I thought it looked, then immediately went home and washed all the gel out of my hair.

I think fashion may be one part of the culture I'm not quite ready to embrace yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment