Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ghetto Fabulous!

Okay, it's official. I now live in the ghetto. I was talking to a Czech friend the other day, telling him that I was going to be moving soon. He asked me where I was going to be living. When I told him his eyes got really big and he said, "that's the ghetto!"

Although when you think about it, it's not really that big a difference from where I was living back in Oregon. I was showing a friend a couple of weeks ago where I used to live on Google maps. I don't think it had ever quite registered before that I was living in a trailer next to the woods. It was just home. But when someone describes it like that, it just sounds worse. :)

But don't worry. I'm not actually in a seedy neighborhood or anything like that. It's a place where most of my friends live, and it's actually a pretty cool community. It just looks a little run down from the outside. I just went and changed the locks an hour ago or so. I'm getting enough stuff from the old flat for one trip tonight, then will move the rest of my stuff tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures of the new place posted in the next day or two.

Oh, funny thing. Midnight seems like a perfectly reasonable time to move here in Egypt. It's the only time of day that it's cool enough to carry large amounts of stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment